Saturday 19 February 2011

Mammoth Tim Holtz workshop post

So Thursday afternoon saw myself, my Mum and Gill heading to Art from the Heart all of us like giddy teenagers in anticipation of a fabulous class. I must admit I got alittle worried that I had hyped myself up too much and it wouldn't live up to my expectations but I was wrong, it exceeded my expectations!

As promised to the lovely Laurel I gave Tim her tag she had made for her 31 day featured artist challenge. Here's Tim with the tag, he loved it!



Now the project!

The project was a book made with Wendy Veechi art parts book covers, sticky back canvass by Claudine and lots of metal charms and fragments. The book is covered with the enamelled kraft paper and colour with the distress stains. Here is Tim's Book. I only took pictures of a couple of pages as they were the only ones decorated.







The time flew by and before we knew it 4 hours had gone! Tim is a fabulous teacher and quite eager to help anyone that was having a problem. He made lots of jokes and made the whole experience fun. I am very glad I went!




5 comments:

donnalouiserodgers said...

i wanna see YOUR book,

please?

Dx

Gez Butterworth said...

Hi Clare thank you for sharing your day with us.. I have loved reading all about your day. Sounds like you had lots of fun :) can't wait to see your finished project..xx

Sandra Hall said...

It was a great project wasn't it? Not had time to do much more to mine since...I'm back in Durham now and all my stamps etc are in Yorkshire :(
The photo's of you all with Tim are lovely. x

flutterbycrafter said...

Wow, sounds as though it was a fantastic day, wish I'd been there, you're very lucky, a photo too. Missed this post, don't know how, the canvas is 46cm x 36cm xx

POSH said...

Hi Clare...had fun reading your post and looking at your pics with Tim and company.
Aren't his classes a blast?? I had a chance to take one of his classes back in Nov of last year. I had so much FUN!!! He has a great, wacky sense of humor....I couldn't have spent a better afternoon....
Thanks for sharing...
http://posh-creations.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...