Tuesday 18 October 2011

Dina Workshop Day 2 - Coptic stitched book

Day 2 at the Dina Wakley workshop over at Art From the Heart saw us making fabulously textured pages and a coptic stitch bound book. This is the first time I have done this kind of binding so I was very happy yo have a go!


My front cover involves lots of texture and many many layers of paint combined with stamping and doodling. All stamps were Dina stamps produced by Stampington and available at Art From the Heart in the UK.


This is my book open so you can get an idea of the many different pages and textures. And below are pictures of the individual pages, as you can tell it is not finished yet, but I don't think it ever will be. The subject is your past, present and future.





The final picture is of my coptic stitch. Very happy with the result!


3 comments:

sam21ski said...

Glad you had a brilliant time Clare. Those pages look fabulous and all so different.

Sam xxx

donnalouiserodgers said...

ooh yeah, my kinda art...

I am back
From France

in body

if not soul
Dx

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

What a gorgeous book... and it was great to meet you :)) I still have paint under my fingernails!! LOL
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...