Tuesday 2 July 2013

Fairy Gift Box

Well its been an awful day weather wise here, pouring with rain and not very warm at all. I have been a busy bee and completed a wooden gift box as a birthday present for my Aunty whose birthday it is next week. I thought I was on time for a change and not doing a last minute rush then I found out she is gone on holiday and wanted her gifts 2 days ago so she could take them with her..... ahh well! she will get it late again LOL


First I painted the box with gesso very lightly so the wood texture is not lost, then I found a pretty piece of paper and fitted it to all side, distressing the edges.


I inked around the distressed edges with crushed olive distress ink. Added a rub-on I found in the bottom of a drawer that I think I have had about 5 years and some pretty flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.


It looks somewhat neon in the photos but it really isnt in person its very muted and pretty. I have decided to enter this box into the Simon Says Stamp challenge which is anything goes.

Thanks for visiting
Clare

4 comments:

Gina said...

Oh this is perfection Clare :D xxx

sam21ski said...

Great colour!!!

Laura Sterckx said...

Beautiful vintage looking box! I love it!

Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!
Laura :)

flutterbycrafter said...

Gorgeous box and lovely colours x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...