Sunday 1 May 2011

Feeling a bit patriotic

With all the Royal Wedding hype over the last month I was getting quite sick of it all so I made sure I was busy and away from all the hype on the actual wedding day, I went to the gym and had a training session with my personal trainer. But when it actually came round I came over all patriotic and a bit teary eyed for the happy couple and ended up watching most of it (they had it on the TV sets in the gym). Quite surprised at myself really as I never considered myself a Royalist, learned something new about myself that day.

My first page is to commemorate the wedding, I didnt really do much to it apart from print out 2 images, I think the images I have chosen say it all, love the little girl covering her ears for the WW2 planes flying overhead. Seeing the old Lancaster bomber in flight was a particularly poignant moment for me.


My second page shows the Lancaster bomber flying over the crowd outside the palace with Big Ben and The Millennium Wheel in the background. We certainly cant be beaten on pomp and circumstance!

4 comments:

flutterbycrafter said...

2 great pages, love the second one, brilliant xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Like you, I couldn't get enthused. Then, on the actual day, I got up at 3 am (my time) and watched the whole show, at least most of it.

I really love these two pages. They are PERFECT, and SO British. You did really good with the pictures. They scream England, pomp, and circumstance, all things England is so good for. Way to go, Clare.

olive said...

you are so right... the British do pomp and circumstance the best. Cant beat the Coldstream Guards for bands... it was a great day and your spreads are fabby. hugs x

donnalouiserodgers said...

being in Derby (Rolls Royce) each time we have the concert in the park at the end of summer either the lancaster or the spitfire comes over & does victory rolls /low swoops,

it make me cry every time - they were SO brave.

you are crying because you were assaulted - whether the glass hit you or not, you will be in shock, see how you are tomorrow - it should pass,

I hope the laptop stops farting soon, maybe it is actually the cat sitting on the laptop that is actually farting?

saw the class on Dylan's blog - looks like a fab time was had by all...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...