Sunday 31 March 2013

Artful Readers Club - Delight in the Details

I am a couple days late with my review this month and I completely missed February's review due to the fire. We are almost back to normal, spent the last 3 days painting up high on scaffolding and ladders and did I mention I dont do heights? Exhausting to say the least!

For the March review I read the book Delight in the Details by Lisa M Pace


I found with this book I didn't actually need to take lots of notes, it was very well laid out, really well written and the photography is just luscious to look at. The main motto of the book is ''re think and re use'' which I love. It has a vast amount of techniques and products which are very nicely explained and used in a creative manner. It gives good advice on what to use and how to use it.

All round this is a very good book and has been placed on my to keep pile.

Here is my piece created with this book as a main influence.






15 comments:

sam21ski said...

Oooh good to know Clare, love what you made from it.

Sam xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Lovely, lovely art piece, Claire. I only wish I could have seen a few pages inside. I'm all about re-using and recycling, especially for the month of April.

Jez said...

Beautiful artwork, and from the cover it looks as though it may be an interesting book.

Gina said...

Nothing like a beautifully photographed technique book is there :D So glad you are bouncing back after the horrible experience in Feb.
The image and canvas are just beautiful :D XXX

Darcy Marshall said...

ooo I have never seen this book at all, good to know it is a keeper though. love your little kitty page, looks very strokable.

Leialoha said...

Aloha Clare...I am definitely delighted in the details...such a gorgeous piece...your 'kitty' looks so peaceful sleeping amongst the flowers and pearls.

Jen said...

Lovely Kitty piece of work and interesting looking book.
Jen x

Janet said...

I love finding another use for things and this book looks as though it provides plenty of inspiration. Great cat artwork. Like the lace.

Janet xx

Shirley said...

Your book this month sounds intrigueing, I think I will need to add it to my wish list. Love the page it inspired and the quote you have used on it.

San @ Made in Hem said...

Oh, what a gorgeous page! It looks so peaceful and serene. I guess that's just how you want to feel after a fire...

The book is on my list now, not just to read but to have... Love the cover! Thanks! :)

manomij said...

Wow I love that page! I draw mostly but you may have twisted my arm trying something different! The book sounds a good one to put on my list.
ManonX

Sarah said...

eeek I didn't know you had had a fire - how awful - I hope you didn't lose too much :(

on a more positive note I found your review interesting and I love the artwork you made featuring your lovely cat

SusieJ said...

That book looks lovely.....adding to wishlist definitely!
And the art work is truly wonderful.
Hugs xx

Catie Cuddles said...

Beautiful page ... I am not one for getting books like this but glad you found it useful.
Catherine

Carmen said...

I'm so late visiting. Thank you for your lovely comment at mine :)

I really love your art piece - tabbies are my all time favourite 9s well as black cats... so, joint all time favourite) and this makes me so miss having one. (I'm the lone cat lover in a doggy household)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...