Wednesday 4 December 2013

College Catch Up

Hi everyone, just a quick update on how I am doing in Silver Smith School. I have progressed from copper and the ahh it wont cost much if you ruin it scaredy cat approach and gone onto working with hallmarkable 925 Stirling silver. I have successfully made a silver ring shank and attached a hand made bezel ready and sized for a specific gem. I don't know how to set the gem yet so I have to wait until Monday's class.


I still have some cleaning and sanding to do, I have to be extremely careful with the hand made bezel top as it is very thin fine silver. My gem is semi transparent so the inside of the bezel needs to be immaculately clean and sparkly, which at the moment it is not.


The ring fits me perfectly and is really comfy but I still need to shape the edges alittle bit. I cant wait for it to be finished and polished up to a jewellery shop shine!


Thanks for visiting!

Clare

2 comments:

Dana said...

Very cool Clare!!

Jenny Potter said...

WOW Clare! I can't believe how clever you are! Oh wait...I can believe that hehehe. Awesome!
Smiles
Jen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...