Friday 1 November 2013

Steam Costume For Though Bubble - The Necklace

Hi everyone, as quite a few people know I am a bit of a nerd so it will come as no surprise this year that me and my fellow nerds are going to the comic book convention in Leeds called Thought Bubble. This year however is different from previous years, we are going dressed up, specifically as The Court of Owls.

For my costume I am steampunking it up a bit, just coz! So my first piece is a bought piece and it is a corset. I really wanted to make it myself but I value my back so without proper guidance from an expert I erred on the side of caution and bought one. I am not showing it yet until the final reveal of the whole piece all together.

Today however I am showing my necklace. Made from scratch with my own hands and 2 beading needles. I am extremely pleased with the outcome and it fits me perfectly!



I am not a beader so I have no idea what the stitch is called, I just know I had a pattern, I altered that pattern and made the base of my choker. I received some small cogs and gears from a wonderful friend in the USA and added them to the bottom. Pretty simple really but I love it!


Here it is laid out flat on my table.



Here is the fine detail of the piece.



And here is me wearing it about 30 seconds after I made it, in my PJ's, not my costume!

The next piece I am working on is my skirt and these beauties, if I get the time, I hope I do my head is whirring with things I want to do to these goggles, firstly to seal them as they came like this and are what seems to be permanently tacky in feel.



Thanks for visiting!

Clare

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't wait for the big reveal Clare, corset and all !! I do hope you will show us it all completed and well done with the necklace, I think it's amazing Hun
P x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...